"The Ten Startup Commandments" by Gideon Tolkowsky
|Date: Wednesday, September 04, 2002|
- Leadership is what makes the world go round. Team up with leaders
- Hire the most senior person you can find for the job. There’s no such thing as an overqualified employee.
- Surprise - the most important No. 2 person in a startup is the CFO.
- When in doubt whether to spend money on a field trip – do it.
- Target your first product to the high-end of your market.
- Manage R&D by deadlines, not by product specs. The best products are those designed by the tightest schedules.
- Don’t bother to develop a product with under 75% profit margin. And, the argument that the COGS of software is zero is false.
- The time-value of money is infinite. $1 today >> $2 tomorrow.
- Happiness is positive cash-flow. Strive to be happy.
- If it takes a genius to run your business – change the business.
Veritas Venture Partners
91 Medinat Hayehudim Street
Herzliya Pituach 46120
Veritas Venture Partners LLC
145 Staghound Court
Alpharetta, GA 30005 USA